Friday, January 25, 2013

paper cranes





according to an old Japanese legend, anyone that folds one thousand paper cranes so pleases the Gods and the folder is granted a wish.

i'm not sure if i'm going to quite make it to a thousand, or if making a grand wish is even what i am trying for. but doing things with my hands (working in the darkroom, knitting, playing banjo) is what i need to keep my serenity. i've never done origami before, so early this week i bought some origami paper and watched some paper crane tutorials on the internet and taught myself a new craft which i later shared with my little cousin H. i'm thinking of making a garland or mobile out of the cranes. but in the meantime, it's something to occupy my restless hands.

happy weekend--

**canvas camera prints by valentina ramos

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting our site and reading about our work and our lives. all of your comments are read and appreciated so much.

xx,
Emily + Autumn